He was born on 15th of March 1969 at Thanjavur and his father (Late) Shri.R.Jaiprasad was an Junior Advocate under Senior Advocate, Eminent jurist and the then Advocate General Shri.K.Raja Iyer. Then, his father joined the state judicial service as District Munsiff and later served as District & Sessions Judge in Madurai, Kanyakumari and Krishnagiri Districts and retired. His native place is Minnal Village, Near Arakkonam in the erstwhile North Arcot District and presently Vellore District. His mother Smt.Lakshmi Jaiprasad is a home maker and her native is Mayiladuthurai.
2. He is a second generation judge in his family after his father (late) Shri.R.Jaiprasad District & Sessions Judge (R).
3. He did his schooling at Voorhees Higher Secondary School at Vellore, and joined B.A. (History) in Loyola College at Chennai. Thereafter, he went to Delhi and joined M.A. (History) at University of Delhi and then, he did LLB (Bachelor of Laws) course at Campus Law Centre, University of Delhi.
4. He was enrolled as an Advocate on 29.01.1997 in the Bar council of Tamilnadu and Puducherry, and joined the office of Shri.A.Ilango, Advocate and was his junior till 2000, thereafter, started his independent practice in the High Court and his area of practice was writ, civil, criminal, and constitutional.
5. Till his elevation, he was standing counsel for the following organizations viz.,
● Chennai Port Trust (from 2000 onwards)
● Coimbatore city municipal corporation (from 2003 onwards)
● Food corporation of India (from 2007 onwards)
● Employees Provident Fund organization (from 2007 onwards)
● The Tamil Nadu Sugar Corporation Ltd. (from 2010 onwards)
● Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited (BSNL) (from 2017 onwards)
● Indian Oil Corporation (Pipeline division) (from 2018 onwards)
● Kamarajar Port Limited (from 2020 onwards)
and he was Panel Advocate for
● Indian Bank (2003 onwards)
● Bank of Maharashtra (2015 onwards)
and he was previously Standing Counsel for
● Chennai City Municipal Corporation. (2001 – 2006)
● Southern Railways (2012-2018)
● The shipping Corporation of India (2012-2018)
and previously Panel Advocate for State Bank of Hyderabad till its merger with State Bank of India.